Let the Brisbane River and Moreton Bay become your classroom!
Educational cruising is the best when you’re close to the action!
The MV Island Princess is available for private charter to schools and universities and is an ‘all weather’ vessel, so can still cruise even in wet weather. The only exception to this is during extreme flooding or rain events where there is an official port or river closure. Our vessel complies with all Australian Maritime Safety Authority requirements and can carry between 50 and 75 passengers, depending on the cruising locations.
- Large deck areas (upper and lower) with flat screen TVs for music and audio visual presentations
- Music and PA system with roving microphone, audible from all areas
- Secure railings with ample safe space for students to wander about taking in the views
Onboard commentary can be tailored to include the following topics, however
- History of Brisbane
- Floods & drought
- Aquatic environment / ecosystem
- Social and Cultural history of the area
- Fort Lytton Tours
- St Helena Island Tours
- and more!
Note: If bringing on board your own educational Guide or Facilitator, please discuss with us at booking, to ensure the vessel is able to accommodate your cruising and drop off requirements.
Lunch and/or other catering options are available for purchase, just let us know what you’d like.
As these are tailored cruises, all costings are to be provided following discussions with you about your needs and expectations for the cruise.